3 Benefits of Keeping Kids Active and Avoid Childhood Obesity

3 benefits of keeping kids active and avoid childhood obesity because the rates of childhood obesity has increased in the age of convenience. Everyday my life requires me to interact with children, whether they are mine or others. Most people in my community and my friends for that matter all call me Coach. That's because I coach baseball, basketball, flag, football, tackle football and any other sport if there aren't enough volunteers.

Besides coaching sports, I am a substitute teacher. When substituting, I try to keep the kids active even if it's not a physical education class. Literally, my goal is to keep their heart rate up because they risk obesity due to inactivity. I do this through stretching and chair exercise if we are in a class room. Some don't like it, but most do because it's different.

If you have kids, many times you'll see them bouncing around like a new deer, because they are so full of energy. On the other hand, we as adults get lazy and start thinking about how soon we can sit down in front of the TV and become mesmerized. This is a contributing factor to the rise in adult obesity.

How many times have you had a kid come up to you and ask "will you play with me?" Don't pass up these opportunities.

There is a threefold benefit here:

You are keeping them active, therefore they are get essential exercise for both physical and mental well being.You as the adult are being active and getting needed exerciseYou are building a lifelong memory by being active with the child he or she will love you for

Even if it isn't your child, that's okay; because, you are being a role model. Have your child bring a friend, chances are they may have a parent that should get active as well. This will help bring them into the fold. Living in an age of electronics, it's too easy to become physically inactive.

Currently, Doctors are recommending that kids as well as adults get 30 minutes of exercise per day. This doesn't have to be 30 minutes all in one setting. I can be broken up into two 15 minute segments or three 10 minutes segments. As your activity level increases this won't seem like much time at all. It will be over before you know and you'll be yearning for more.

So my dear friend, If you are asking yourself are there more than 3 benefits of keeping kids active to avoid childhood obesity? I would urge you to consider the three benefits above and for more visit my website http://squidoo.com/7-steps-to-stop-obesity-overweight-problems-for-fat-kids there you will find 7 elements that are crucial, so I urge you to click to my site right now.


Original article

No comments: